Does A Body Gooood
We've all seen it– there, on the bottom shelf at our local Duane Reade or Whole Foods- more often than not, collecting dust. I never gave it any thought- perhaps it was the packaging- too wordy and inconspicuous. Even though this soap is everywhere, I mean everywhere, I don't know one person who uses it or has even tried it (but, I must be living under a rock because apparently it's the #1-Selling Natural Brand of Soaps in North America). Who knew!?
- Certified Fair Trade
- Completely Biodegradable and Vegetable-Based
- No Synthetic Foaming Agents, Thickeners or Preservatives
- Claims: "Cleans effectively without being aggressive and produces a velvety-lather that leaves the skin silky-smooth and refreshed."
- Made with Organic Oils- Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Palm Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide**, Water, Natural Rose Fragrance, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin
- DON"T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! I've learned that lesson time and time again (more often the other way around where I expect an elegantly packaged, truly overpriced product to rock my world, but instead, leaves my wallet penniless and my skin patchy). This SOAP is DOPE!
- The first ingredient is Organic Coconut Oil! 'Nuf said.
- After finishing one bar I can safely say that my skin feels a lot more moisturized and needs less lotioning post shower.
- My skin also feels softer, smoother and healthier- glowy not dull.
- GIVES A HOOT: according to their website, "We take care of our employees with generous salaries and benefits, we cap executive pay at five times the lowest-paid position, and we give all profits not needed for business development to support progressive charities and causes."