I'm a huge fan of vloggers and beauty tutorials. Watching a makeup video is like watching an artist at work. I'm hoping that if I absorb enough techniques, something will shift in my ineptitude for applying eye makeup.
One of my favorite utube channels is Pixiwoo lead by Nic and Samantha Chapman (sisters). Their approach is so simple, fun and everyday. In almost all of their tutorials they use the Real Techniques Brushes created by older sis- Samantha.
I needed to get my hands on some of them, but, when I discovered how affordable they were, I made it my mission to collect them all!
- Taklon Bristles- "are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free."
- Color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a "Flawless Base" (gold), "Enhanced Eyes" (purple), "Perfect Finish" (pink).
- Multi purpose brushes suitable for creams, powders, liquids, mineral makeup, etc.
- My favorite is the "Deluxe Crease Brush" which comes in the "Starter Set." I use it as a concealer brush so that I can buff it in and leave a flawless finish. It's so much fun to use!
- The brushes are super soft and so far I haven't experienced and "hair loss" on them.
- They are completely affordable. The Starter Set is $18 for 5 brushes. Plus you can find it for even cheaper on Amazon.
- My purchase will be the Core Collection!
See how Sam uses her Real Techniques...you'll be hooked too.