I don't know how I stumbled upon this little wonder but I am grateful that I did (I wish I came up with this idea myself). "Brooklyn Brainery is accessible, community-driven, crowdsourced education." Have you ever said to yourself, "I wish there was a class on (insert here) that was really, really cheap!" or, "I am so passionate and knowledgeable about (insert here) I could teach a class on it!" If either of those statements have ever crossed your mind then Brooklyn Brainery is the place for you.
- Really Cheap! I took a class on Street Photography (two weeks/two 90 minute sessions) for $35.
- Wide range of classes for a wide range of interests– 'Street Photography', 'Serial Killers 101', 'How to Brew Beer' and so much more.
- Very easy to get there: F train to Carroll Street.
The Street Photography class I took was great. It was very basic (which was what I wanted) and gave me what I expected for $35– no more no less. If you are looking for a fun and inexpensive way to intro yourself into a new hobby or interest then this is the way to go.
- Get the most bang for your buck by coming prepared with questions– this is where I learned the most.
- The classes can get quite crowded so come early for a good seat.
- It's a class, so bring your notebook and a pen.
Explore more at: Brooklyn Brainery
Check them out in the New York Times: NYT