The beautiful Sonja from Life In Blush tagged me for the "Fall In Love" questionnaire, where I answer 23 questions about myself- originally created as a match making experiment by the NYT. Megan of Dream & Scheme started this game and I'm so glad she did. Most of these are questions that I've never considered before and it was quite an enlightening process to go through.
Here's a window into my soul (lol)....
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Thich Nhat Hanh.
The wisdom that this man has... even if he didn’t say a word, I know I’d be different after that dinner.
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Um, the 20 year old me would have said FUCK YEA! I was an actress for 10 years of my life. But, today…mmh. Not sure. I'm on the fence.
But, if I were famous, I would want to be famous for my art and for having healing powers. Think Georgia O’Keefe meets Pema Chodron
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
I’m a life coach so I’m used to being on the phone regularly and not knowing what to expect. Rehearsing would not help. I sometimes rehearse when I’m about to present something on the phone- but again, my acting background and coaching experience has gotten me pretty confident on the telephone.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
Like Sonja- waking up without an alarm.
Starting the morning chatting with my husband and designing our day. Which would include, nature, yoga, great food, walking, and more great food.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
I sing to my husband all the time. He loves it….I sound like a dying cat. It’s great.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
Mind. It’s a terrible thing to waste.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
I’ve never really thought about it. So, no. But I’m not scared of it. "Matter can neither be created nor destroyed."
8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
Family and friends…period. Maybe also my Jiva Apoha Body Oils- just kidding. But I’m kind of addicted.
9. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
If I love who I am today- which I do- then why would I change anything? I am the sum of my experiences.
10. In four sentences, tell your life story in as much detail as possible.
I am scared and embarrassed. I am scared and embarrassed. I am scared and embarrassed. And that is ok.
11. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
Heal people's pain with my touch. I do my best through listening and words...but in a single touch- that would be pretty spectacular.
12. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
Funny…I have a crystal ball that tells me the truth about myself: I am powerful beyond measure/ about the future: everything will always be ok/ and about everything else: life is a curriculum- keep learning.
13. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
I’ve dreamt of becoming a “real” artist…where I would spend the majority of my days painting and creating. Why haven’t I done it- I’m scared. But don’t worry- I’m learning to do it anyway.
14. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
My relationship with my husband, my mother, my father and my sister.
15. What do you value most in a friendship?
16. What is your most treasured memory?
Not fair to my other memories if I just pick one. Sorry.
17. What is your most terrible memory?
Wow, I used to have a lot- and I carried them with me like a business card. “Terrible memories” is what I would call “hauntings” and after a lot of work, I don’t have those anymore. I’ve cleaned them up through life coaching. (pitch- and you can too- www.handelgroup.com)
18. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
I probably wouldn’t worry so much. Over analyze things as much as I do. “Future trip.” What a fucking waste of time. If anyone’s got that figured out, please share.
19. What does friendship mean to you?
I am better because you are in my life.
20. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
21. Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
EVERY SINGLE TIME I MAKE A MISTAKE!!! I like to look good. I'm often times pretty controlling about what I present to the world. So, fucking up doesn’t feel good. But it's my lesson every time.
22. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
I truly believe that everything is perspective. Anything can be funny if you turn it on it’s head.
23. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones, pets, and necessities, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My husband’s shirt. He knows the one. He used to wear it all the time when we first met. Whenever I'm sick or tired (or cold)…I wear it and I feel closer to him.