Back in July, I did a post on Beautycounter, their philosophy and wonderful mission. This brand means a lot to me because they're the inspiration for cleaning up my skincare and beauty act. If I hadn't stumbled across the NYT article written about Gregg Renfrew and her new company, I don't know where I (or my beauty collection) would be right now...probably still putting toxic ingredients into my skin while drinking green juice (ahh, the irony).
Though I was in love with their mission, packaging, business plan and philosophy, I needed to know if these products actually worked. Ultimately, for me that would be the point of no return. If these products were as effective as the serums, moisturizers and toners that I've been using all my life, then I'd know I'd be a changed woman...and hopefully my friends, family and readers would be as well.
I picked the Body Lotion, Eye Cream and Cream Cleanser as my way of entry into the world of Beautycounter. At the time, I was immersed in face oils and moisturizers, but I was in desperate need of a good body lotion, everyday facial cleanser and eye cream.
Hydrate Everyday Body Lotion:
- Smells like a creamsicle
- Very light and has an awesome gel-like texture
- Absorbs into the skin quickly with no greasy residue.
- Shea butter, safflower oil and jojoba butter deliver intense moisture.
- Marula, mongongo and Ximenia Americana seed oils encourage rejuvenated looking skin.
Routine Clean Cream Cleanser:
- Smells like lemons and flowers
- Texture is like a lotion.
- Cleanses like a cleansing oil or balm but without the greasy feeling.
- Organic coconut oil removes impurities and buildup.
- Aloe, green tea, witch hazel, and floral extracts promote the appearance of healthy, rejuvenated and toned skin.
- I use this in the morning when my face is pretty clean already... at night I use a stronger cleanser that also removes my makeup.
Anytime Eye Cream
- Keeps my under eye area hydrated all day
- Light cream-like texture.
- Organic coconut oil soothes and green tea supports healthy-looking, beautiful skin.
- I love that this is no-nonsense. It's great under makeup and I feel like I can wear it anytime without any fuss or thinking about it- under makeup, over makeup, before bed, extra boost throughout the day, etc.
Hallelujah, these products are amazing. They're also affordable, the site is educational...check out their Never List...and you feel good about using it– what more can I ask for?
They also offer a pocket size Never List so that you can use it as a reference wherever you go. Download it here.
You can begin your clean skincare journey here.